Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M8, M83, M104, M62 - From Canberra

athlon

Howdy!! All pictures taken with a Canon 1000d, stacked in DSS with darks, Taken through an 8" reflector, on an EQ6, guided with PHD on an Orion Star Shoor Auto Guider, through an ST80

M8, The Lagoon Nebula, 20*3m subs, with 20*3m darks.

lagoon3.jpg

M83, 10*3min subs, with 10*3 darks.

m83-2.jpg

M104, the Sombrero Galaxy, 6*3mins subs, with matching darks

sombrero.jpg

M62, Globular in Scorpio. Not a very exciting image, but something thats kinda hard to see from the UK, so being a Brit now living in Australia, i thought i would take a pic of this to, 6*3min subs and matching darks, all 4 images taken over the course of this weekend

m62.jpg

That's a nice set of images Athlon, the amount of detail in M83 is fantastic, and being a globular fan I'm pleased to see M62. I must disagree with you though, I do think its an exciting image, a nice widefield with an island of thousands of stars set against a backround of nicely captured round stars.

Steve..

That's a nice set of images Athlon, the amount of detail in M83 is fantastic, and being a globular fan I'm pleased to see M62. I must disagree with you though, I do think its an exciting image, a nice widefield with an island of thousands of stars set against a backround of nicely captured round stars.

Steve..

Hi Steve

As long as you like them, then thats all that matters!!

thanks for your kind words

:)

A beautiful set of images athlon, to be proud of :) My favourite is M8 - such striking colour and there is great depth to the image. Although being a globular fan I do have a soft spot for your M62 - tight stars surrounding a tight and fantastically resolved core.... superb :)

Archived