SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

M 27 - with autoguiding this time

ncjunk

Hi,

Did a new version of M27 with 4 x L 300sec, 4 x RGB (bin2) 300secs. :)

This is the ED80 with the ATIK IC-S and the DSI guiding.

Peter you were right much sharper!

I think there may still be a problem on some of the star shapes but think it is down to the filter movement (not allowing a couple of seconds to settle)

:)

Cheers

Neil C

post-14473-133877386252_thumb.jpg

Peter,

What do you what to know with the setup? I had no delay time on the camera to take account of the filter changing over so I think it was imaging in the Luminance as the filter wheel was moving.

The setup for PHD was just the standard settings, I think, I will have to check when I have time to power everything back up in the shed.

Let me know if you think it would be usefull to post the PPHD settings.

Thanks

Neil C

Fantastic image! Thxs for sharing. However, where are you getting these clear nights from! Since getting my new set up it has rained or been cloudy everynight.

Best wishes,

PAul

Lovely job on the colours there.

It could be the filter changing. I have set a delay, so I am unsure what it would look like without one. At least it gives you a 'reason' for them, and something to adjust next time out :)

Paul - feel free to pop by northern spain anytime...although some swine had batman style search lights , 2, tracing patterns in the sky at 3 am. very pretty but not very helpfull for imaging :)

All will be solved in time, it is a vast improvement on last year.

nc

That's a long way from the North of England Neil and probably a lot drier and clearer. I have a guy across the field from me who has blinding spotlights in his lounge which illuminate my viewing region and another guy who has lights which illuminate his and everybody elses garden when he steps out the back door.. I'm growing the hedge higher to cut these nuisances out. Paul

Archived