Narrowband

Pelican in Hubble Palette

moocher

Hello,

Finally got an image i`m happy with. This was my third attempt!!! This "narrow band" lark is REALLY addictive!!! Time to move onto another "victim" laugh.gif Well i`ve murdered this!!! laugh.gif

Ok then here are the details.....

Ha 8x15 mins (green)

O3 10x15 mins (blue)

S2 8x15 mins (red)

Borg 77ED and ART285 DGL 0.85x combo. Captured over 3 nights in June/ July this year. Captured via Maxim. Flats/ darks subtracted. Guiding via Guidemaster 66sd and QHY5. Post processing in PS CS3 with Noels actions.

Ta for looking

Alan cheesy.gif

post-16297-133877386083_thumb.jpg

thats a very nice image, the colours are subtle which is nice.

perhaps there is a bit more S2 and O3 available, but after your processing woes this is a very fine result. It is also nicely sharpened, not too much.

very well done, we havent had a sniff in about a month here in central scotland

paul

This is beautiful Alan!

I particularly like the intensity of colour to the lower right, drawing the attention to the 'clouds' - it's such an amalgamation of blue, pink, violet, green ... the eye then is just drawn to the subdued greens and blues of the rest of the image.

Fantastic work - you've produced a lovely image!

the color scheme used by the hubble team to create the famous Pillars of Creation, it is taken using 3 emission line or narrow-band filters.

these are S2(671-673nm) , Halpha(656.3nm), O3(497-500.7nm)

in the hubble palette, S2 is mapped as Red, Halpha is mapped as Green, and O3 is mapped to blue.

The S2 and O3 are typically much weaker and require more exposure to bring out detail

hth

paul

Hi Alan - perhaps it's unfashionable to admit it, but I like this so called "Hubble Palette" - If were "watching attack ships off the shoulder of Orion"*, that's how it might look in my mind. (if you get my drift)

Like the picture a lot

* from a pretty famous film

Excellent result Alan, the area to the lower right in the image is very rich in SII but it needs a lot of exposure to bring it out, probably twice the time exposure is that of the Ha.

Steve

Archived