SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Pacman composite (NGC 281)

Tim

I grabbed about 2.5 hours of the Pacman nebula last night, in between dashing out to watch the shuttle, ISS etc.

There was a lot of intermittent cloud, so quite a few subs were lost, but I think this is around 10 X 15mins with Baader 7nm Ha filter, through a WO 72 with FFII. No guide scope, as usual.

For the second pic, I had a rustle around in an old folder, and found some data from a year ago that I got with a 350D and a 6" F4 newt. Using Registar I have combined these, to give at least a sense of the colours in the nebula in RGB. The Ha layer was used for luminosity. I intend to have a go at doing more of this type of thing once I get the QHY8 and H9 cameras imaging simultaneously. For now, with these summer nights, it's the closest I can get to RGB imaging.

Thanks for looking.

TJ

post-14037-133877385875_thumb.jpg

post-14037-133877385885_thumb.jpg

I had forgotten all about it, and had decided to go for the Heart, but it was still very low.

If I get another night on this, I'll give it 30 minute subs I think, there's lots more to be had in the outer regions, and if we get a really clear few days, then I think in the Hubble Palette, this one will really spring to life.

Archived