Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Zoom eyepieces.... again

OK i know this has come up before but im considering buying a zoom eyepiece for grab n go and convienence when i can't be bothered to take out my box of eyepieces.

I've seen a number of threads here and elsewhere about zooms but thought i'de ask about peoples opinions. A lot of zooms seem to be rebrands so i dont actually know which is which.

First up is the televue zoom 8-24mm. Can't seem to find this for sale (not looked too hard) but im guessing it's over £100

Vixen LV 8-24. This is going for £99 from david hinds. Identical to the Televue but without clickstops (which i dont actually want)

Sky-Watcher 7-21mm Zoom. I assume this isn't the vixen one as it's different focal lengths. £49 from OVL

There are more expensive pentax zooms but i dont really want to spend more than £100 on an eyepiece.

Has anyone used any of these cheap eyepieces? Who actually makes them? Are there any others that i've missed that are cheaper and/or better in about the same price range?

Cheers for the advice

Gordon,

I have a review of the Meade zoom eyepiece coming up at the end of this week matey :D just a quick note to say it's a cracking eyepiece and far better than Orions zoom eyepiece :D

James

Hi Gordon,

I have the Eyepiece on loan from London Camera Exchange for Review, these retail for around £246.45 matey.

I'll take a look at the Celestron one but i suspect it's the same as the Orion one Gordon...

James

I have a review of the Meade zoom eyepiece coming up at the end of this week matey :D just a quick note to say it's a cracking eyepiece and far better than Orions zoom eyepiece :D

I have the Eyepiece on loan from London Camera Exchange for Review, these retail for around £246.45 matey.

The eyepiece James is reviewing is actually a pre-owned one (perfect condition) that is available to buy...

PM me if interested :D

150 squids for this Eyepiece is bit of a bargain Steve and for grab n go it's perfect, Caz and Myself used this one eyepiece alone at the Star Party there seemed little point in using the others that we took along :shock:.

If i had 150 quid id buy it and flog all my other one's :D

James

• 2 weeks later...

Archived