SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Quick Elephant

Tim

Just managed to squeeze 3 x 20 mins in Ha with the little WO72 last night before the clouds came in.

This is the first time I have used the scope with the H9 camera, trutech wheel, and TS guider in combination. I was hoping for a wider FOV really, still not used to these small chip cameras :)

I hope to add more subs to this one, and hopefully longer ones.

Cheers

post-14037-133877384957_thumb.jpg

Arran, yes thats the full frame, very slightly cropped to delete the tiny overlaps. I'd be seriously worried if there was any vignetting with a dinky little chip like the H9 has :)

As for the stars, I never looked at them to be quite truthful, they look ok though. I am using a field flattener II with the camera. Not a perfect match I dont think for the scope, but its better than the FF I with it, and the stars are reasonable, a LOT beter than without it. Makes the scope faster too.

Cheers

I have to confess, I'm disappointed - When I read the threads title, I was hoping to see a pachyderm on rollerskates!

Kidding! Lovely image! had a go myself a while back but you need LOADS of data for this one with shocking exposure lengths in 'clean' skies.

Archived