Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

ISS + ?

Tantalus

Just watched the ISS pass over my location (22:30 - 22:35 BST). Also noticed another dimmer yellowish object travelling a short distance in front of the ISS.

Can anyone tell me what this object was?

Hi. Just watched the ISS go over. ( 00.05 pass - Manchester ) Same question from me. Definate object travelling at same speed as ISS but much dimmer and in front of the station, by approx 10 degrees. Was it the old toolbag ??? :)

I saw a fainter object in front as well - i ended up (attempting) to film it for a while as well....

Still waiting for the video to transfer before I can inspect it to see if there is anything worth processing....

Toolbag passes are also on Heavens-above - looks like 7 minutes beforehand though

Thanx guys...

Don't think it was the toolbag, that passed a few minutes earlier according to Heavens-Above.

Unfortunately i missed the next pass 'cos i was watching for the (now aborted) shuttle launch, but i'll try for the next pass...

Morning all. Joined the site to find out what the second object is so I hope one of you wakes with the answer. To us it looked further out but could this be deceptive?

I saw this too last night whilst setting up my scope for the first time. The leading object was quite small but the trailing ISS was lit very well, it looked brighter than any star out, like a plane but just a single light

I was too fixed on watching them go to bother getting the bins out, it was like a cat chasing a mouse lol

I believe it is the Progress supply rocket and Endeavour should be visible when they are playing catch up on docking. Heavens-Above is a great reference but I would reccommend checking back as close to the observation time as possible. I have noticed the timing gets more accurate nearer the pass.

Cheers

Danny

I saw this too last night whilst setting up my scope for the first time. The leading object was quite small but the trailing ISS was lit very well, it looked brighter than any star out, like a plane but just a single light

I was too fixed on watching them go to bother getting the bins out, it was like a cat chasing a mouse lol

nice to here the scope has gone to a good home. :)

Archived