Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Bubble Nebula

minimalist

A friend of mine, a fellow SGL member, prodded me into posting a pic on here, so if it sucks you can blame him. :)

16x20min subs, taken with a modded 1000D, Astronomik CLS clip filter, and AstroTech AT6RC (the same as the GSO 6" RC model). Guided with PHD thourhg a WO ZS66SD and original Meade DSI Pro.

I tried to upoad the pic, but it would freeze half way through, so here's a link, sorry about that:

http://2wcg2g.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pglpWFSM1l-z0zX5ucUINiv-FH8XuEcUBbTmfJ_gzzJsU9hha9A2y0U_DTtxCy0RdaqX3IZxekcQtziNfl1ydDBKJukCcTlJ3/Autosave_cropped.jpg

Comments and critique welcome.

A friend of mine, a fellow SGL member, prodded me into posting a pic on here, so if it sucks you can blame him. :)

16x20min subs, taken with a modded 1000D, Astronomik CLS clip filter, and AstroTech AT6RC (the same as the GSO 6" RC model). Guided with PHD thourhg a WO ZS66SD and original Meade DSI Pro.

I tried to upoad the pic, but it would freeze half way through, so here's a link, sorry about that:

http://2wcg2g.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pglpWFSM1l-z0zX5ucUINiv-FH8XuEcUBbTmfJ_gzzJsU9hha9A2y0U_DTtxCy0RdaqX3IZxekcQtziNfl1ydDBKJukCcTlJ3/Autosave_cropped.jpg

Comments and critique welcome.

Ok point everyone in my direction why don't you.

A seriously tasty image from you Daniel. Not sure how you manage to keep the star colours l you will have to let me in on that sometime. Welcome to SGL by the way.

Dave

Lol Dave, well, you can take some of the glory then for prodding me. :) As to star colors, well, Noel Carboni's actions are the reason for it, especially the "increase star color" one. i do tend to overuse it though.

Cheers for the encouragement and the welcome, I'll definitely be posting some more. The spikes, tbh I've never been a spikes kind of guy, but can't avoid these with the RC. They're growing on me though.

Oh, and I guess it's time to put a name on here too.

Daniel

• 3 years later...

I absolutely love it! The ONLY thing I may recommend is trying a luminance layer to bring out some of the lighter nebula from the background and maybe try (maybe even add to this data for MORE clarity) about 20-25x15 minute exposures because 20 minutes has A LOT of noise which is causing the slight graininess in the image. I have NO idea how you got such a smooth image at 20 minutes even with darks subtracted. That is amazing. But maybe use 10-15 minute exposures as RGB and add your 20 min image as a luminance layer to really pop out your nebula. But that is just like sprinkles on top of frosting (optional) because youve got the frosting already ;)

Archived