Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Wide moon 5/5/06

As the moon was very boily last night I went wide with the DSLR. The webcam stuff might process, but I doubt that theres anything worthwhile.

First is just DSLR on the frac.

image.jpg

And then Barlowed 2X

image.jpg

I tried the mak. but the boiling was too intense, I think my skies don't get good enough seeing to be able to use the 2000mm focal length, so the frac. was the weapon of choice. When I put the 2X Barlow on the boiling issue wasn't as intense so I think the seeing got better. Both 'scopes had been outside in the van so I don't think cooling down was an issue.

Well done to the others who have posted moon pictures, they're looking very good.

Captain Chaos

very good images CC i especially like the second one , looks really goos and well detailed bit of imaging , excellent CC keep them coming

yup i found that it was only about 6/10 last night on the moon , but i did get some fairly close in ones .

Rog

Wow Jamie. Imagine what it might look like is my processing skills were any good! The raw data that I mangle ought to work out even better than what Jamie did to the single image (reduced in size and pre-mangled) if I get my head round the software. Must practise more.

Captain Chaos

CC there is no great secret to it.

The thing to realise is that most stacked moon images appear kind of soft

in texture/sharpness.

All i did to your image was to open it up in Registax 3

then darken it a little by pulling the gamma line to the right a little.

Then i adjusted wavelet 2 to about 10.

All done!!!!!

Archived