Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_terminator_challenge_winners.thumb.jpg.6becf44442bc7105be59da91b2bee295.jpg

Astro_Baby

Green Witch.....thanks

As we seem to have had a spate of suppliers getting a kicking I thought, just to show there are some suppliers at least out their (apart from the estimable FLO of course - thats another tenner you owe me Steve :)) that can do a good job.

I needed a scope cover in a hurry and Green Witch did a pretty reasonably priced one for £16. So I banged an order into the PC and lo a day later one scope cover arrived - fast service.

The covers fine too. Perfect for what I needed and comes in a nice lil' bag to store it in too.

Anyway thanks to Green Witch there for a fast service.

yes i had one of those from greenwitch to and i have to say my whole order was treated professionally as well as with some speed

a big thumbs up from me as well :)

Just ordered one,Thanks for the Heads up A B............Kev

Thanks for the heads-up on the site astro :)

Wot do u think about the portable obsy? looks pretty cool from where i'm standing!!

Maybe i'll get one for the salisbury SP :)

I'd like to thank Mac and Clarins for their excellent services to my skin...(I need all the help I can get). :)

It's like the Oscars, isn't it?:)

That's very kind of you kev, but don't be fooled...as anyone at who was at SGL4 will tell you, this is much closer to the real me (millinery courtesy of Psychobilly). The basic mardiness comes through nicely, I think...

post-15346-133877383975_thumb.jpg

I was at sgl4 ,i was the last person to look through your scope before you went to bed.........kev

Are you sure you're thinking of the right woman, there, Kev?

I never got my scope out of the boot of my car...I was too busy goggling through Ian's 12" Dob (or Rob's 14" SCT) to be bothered with mine! :)

So, I was probably hogging Ian's scope and giving off possessive vibes about it... (minor and short-lived feelings of guilt). What a very patient man he is...I hope I didn't annoy him.

Ah, so you're thinking of Alex (or Astrosurf).

She's got curly dark hair.

I was in the caravan next to Stefski.

(I accidentally turned on the external light at about 2am and nearly blinded him. He was very gentlemanly about it, all things considered!)

Thats it ,it was you and Alex both of you were on the wine if i remember correctly ,i was up for the one night only with Billy....kev

We were good that night. We only managed one bottle between us - too busy looking up. :)

i will second that for Green-Witch i was there last week, took my poorly LX10 there.

They have now collimated, cleaned and serviced my instrument for me to collect on Friday.

Great service, i would even go as far as to say i struck up a friendship with Lee, their sales and technical consultant while i was there.

It was nice to sit and discuss astronomy over a coffee with a professional astronomer.

Keep it up Green-Witch

I've been down there today, what can I say but brilliant service, I've a thread on help and advice, whoops maybe it requires moving to this section?

As we seem to have had a spate of suppliers getting a kicking I thought, just to show there are some suppliers at least out their (apart from the estimable FLO of course - thats another tenner you owe me Steve :)) that can do a good job.

I needed a scope cover in a hurry and Green Witch did a pretty reasonably priced one for £16. So I banged an order into the PC and lo a day later one scope cover arrived - fast service.

The covers fine too. Perfect for what I needed and comes in a nice lil' bag to store it in too.

Anyway thanks to Green Witch there for a fast service.

Hi Its Joe i am new to this stargazer its not quite like one of those chat rooms i have used light years ago how can i chat with many ?

cheers

joe

Joe, you cant chat in real time, this is not a chat room in any way. Its a forum.

Thanks for the heads-up on the site astro :)

Wot do u think about the portable obsy? looks pretty cool from where i'm standing!!

Maybe i'll get one for the salisbury SP :)

Are you refering to the pop up observatory. If you are it may be ok for visual observing but is not very practical for imaging use as the tent poles get in the way and the sky apeture is not that big.

I would take a look at one of these instead

Astronomica Astrotent - observatory with opening roof | Astro Tents & Observatories | Accessories | Astronomica

I have one and it's been used at several star parties. The first batch of tents which were a light green colour were poorly made and I got mine replaced twice by Astronomica. The current design shown above is much better. The only thing to remember is to make sure the scope or mount is pushed up against the roof panel to make the roof dome so that rain water can run off. If you dont do this you will end up with a paddling pool ;). The apeture is very good with a complete 360° view.

Regards

Kevin

Dont like tents period - always wet and cold. :)

My thoughts exactly.

Unless you are in France in the Summer.

(But then the mozzies get you...you're stymied both ways).

I like caravans and campervans - with hot water and a fridge to keep the bubbly cool! :) Small luxuries.....mmmmmmmmmm.......

My thoughts exactly.

Unless you are in France in the Summer.

(But then the mozzies get you...you're stymied both ways).

I like caravans and campervans - with hot water and a fridge to keep the bubbly cool! :) Small luxuries.....mmmmmmmmmm.......

im staying in a cottage near the village for a week Salisbury thats my small luxurie ,,,,,,,,kev:D

Yes, I'm going for a week too!

My mate Nicky and I are renting a static caravan from the 15th. We'll have to try out the local pub for dinners (I hope there is a local!)