Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

(Another) M27...

RichieJarvis

Just reprocessed my M27 - very pleased with the result.

For this image, I combined 4 nights worth of Ha/OIII/Hb data together, made a copy and desaturated it to give me a B&W version to Deconvolve. After the deconvole, I blended the 2 B&W images together. I then did a high-pass sharpen, and blended that with the B&W luminance layer. Finally, I did a Smart Sharpen, and again blended it back into the Luminance layer. A bit of curves later, and applying the colour layer gives me this:

2009-05-29-M27-Ha15x480-OIII16x693-Hb12x300-process2-small.jpg

Except I've just seen some gradient in there... [removed word]....

Brb...

Some excellent outer detail in there Richie, nicely processed too. Interesting process technique, may have to give it a try when/if I ever get another chance to do some imaging.

Steve..

Edit: You posted the 2nd pic just before I posted, looks a little overdone now, bit of detail lost in the nebula itself.

Bit over powering, but interesting nevertheless. Can you put the first one back so we can can have a look see?

That process you describe seems a bit complicated. To me anyway.:).

Ron.:)

Wow - I quiet like that version CW - what did you do???

Really? I don't normally do nebula jobs......can't tell where they end and the background begins.:)

All I did was isolate the centre section as a seperate layer then darken the background using Gamma control in the Exposure tool,sharpened the centre section layer and merged the two. Applied saturation & contrast and thats about it really...... Glad you approve.:)

Archived