Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

When will I see you again....

Psychobilly

I overslept yesterdya evening so the sunset anim starts late... I normally like the sun to come into the frame rather than start in the middle of it... also got caught out with the position on the horizon where the sun was going to set...I really need to try this with the 1000D as i can run it from"mains" the Nikon batteries are getting a bit un-reliable now...

I'm still trying to work out how to get an eye response anim done... I have tried fixed exposures , auto exposures and changing the exposure compensation in 1/3 ev steps every few minutes just cant get the effect i want...

What got me last night was the single shaft of light... which lasted well after the sun had disappeared below the horizon...

I haven't palyed with that one yet... its as shot...

I'm wondering if we are also seeing the effects from the Volcanic erruption mentioned in another thread....

Peter...

I love timelapse photography, I have seen a few stunning timelapse pieces on youtube. It's something I'm gonna make an attempt at at some stage.

The moon piece is really good, 40x ? I take it that's 40 images all running after each other. Over what period of time did you take the pics? Can you preset your camera for that or did you have to take the exposures individually?

Sorry for all the questions!!!!

RTB

No probs keep asking away ...

I use an inetrevalometer remote to take the shots at preset intervals and then when I render the movie each frame gets displayed for 1/8s of video...

so if take 1 frame every 5s say then the speed up is 40x one frame evey 10 s 80x etc...

I have just set the Canon 1000D up doing one frame every 5 seconds for the next 5 hours... of the sky where the sun is going to set in a few hours time..... im using the 1000D as I can run it from a car battery through an adaptor I have built so no problems running for such a long time without any breaks...

I have dropped the resolution to Small Fine as this means I get well over 5000 images on a 4 GB card and this is still around than HD resolutionfine for the job in hand...

Peter...

Will have the D200 available for anything else that takes my fancy int he meantime...

Archived