SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

M8 and M20/21 in HaLRGB

ollypenrice

Olly, in short - yes! I notice this one is a bit bigger so you also get more for your money!

I can't help thinking that the actual nebulosity of M8 is slightly flatter than in the original. The Ha may have added detail but does not seem to have made it that obvious. I stole the mark 2 and put it up next to the mark 1 that I stole and modified earlier in PS. I added a small amount of red to the original at about level 70 and it immediately looked more like the mark 2 version. A similar sort of result I guess to adding some Ha. I then increased the contrast in the mark 2 by placing adjustment points on the RGB curve at about 140 and 150. Decrease the 140 and increase the 150 so the curve drops below the straight line at the bottom and rises above it slightly at the top. An immediate increase in the contrast of M8 but not excessively so and a slight drop in the background level. Hope I'm not beginning to sound like an old woman here.

I looked at Gendler's version (I'm a fan) but it is so big it doesn't tell much about the wider background that you have captured so well. I'd be well chuffed to have got that one. Thick fog again tonight.

Votre image est tres jolie!

Dennis

'Votre image est tres jolie!'

Tu peux me tutoyer, Dennis! (Ton image...)

Once again you are absolutely right. I have given the second version a small tweak but I do want to avoid the violent lurch in colour between inner and outer regions of the Lagoon that seems to afflict many images. I am too embarrassed to post yet another version, however!

Hope your fog goes away.

Olly

Olly.

Archived