Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

firstlight with 50mm F1.4

Well finally a night with no rain and clouds green.gif. So I thought I would try out the Canon 50mm f1.4 lens I aquired at the beginning of the month, I did 7x40 sec subs ISO 800 4 @ f1.8 then tried it at f2 I then combined and registered them in Registar and processed in Photoshop I think this is the shortest images I have done .

So here is how it turned out

Canon 40D 50mm F1.4 lens

G11 mount

post-15556-133877381574_thumb.jpg

Thanks Guys

Peter you are spot on I was stepping it down but clouds rolled in before I could finish I think F4 will produce a much flatter field with this lens

The 2 nebula at the bottom right is the Eagle Nebula and Swan Nebula

That sounds about right... I Still prefer to use primes over zoom's anyday... as the Zooms atart slowere and still need stopping down...

Its handy having the extra speeed though if you can crop the image you want out of the center of the image...

I noticed when I tried mosaicing frames taken with the Nifty 50 but mines not as nifty as yours it's only the 1.8 EF II the L's are superb optics...but a might pricey

Peter....

Which bit of Sky Les?

Archived