Narrowband

Greetings earthlings

Tantalus

Hi Folks...

I first became interested in astronomy as a small boy, but got distracted by lifes more earthly pleasures as a teenager.

My interests were renewed by the 2007 perseid meteor shower when I cycled 7 miles to watch away from urban light pollution.

In November 2008 I was made redundant, and astronomy seemed like a good(cheap) way to fill my time. I started with a s/hand pair of bins and a s/hand 70mm spotter-scope - not ideal but it did give me my first glimpse of saturn and 5 of its moons.

A couple of weeks ago I acquired a s/hand Tal1 which I am very pleased with. Just can't wait til the skies darken at my earth-home in North Lincolnshire...

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome to SGL Tantalus :):headbang:

The Perseid meteor shower must have been tremendous away from any LP.

Won't be long til the dark winter nights now, we're all in the same boat waiting around for a decent stretch of darkness :)

Great to have you here

I've never heard astronomy called cheap before (apart from justifying purchases to other halfs ) :) .

Welcome to SGL Tantalus. I look forward to hearing about your adventures when it eventually gets dark.

Ant

Thanx for the warm welcome folks.

Looks like a good night ahead, and the Tal1 is outside now cooling down in anticipation...

Ashenlight, you should always try for a dark site for the Perseids - well worth it. I could afford a bigger scope, but want to get some observing experience behind me before commiting to expensive kit, but Orion's new RC range looks very tempting...

Hi everyone,

Yes mike, I have already been to a couple of CDAS meetings at the observatory and hopefully will be there next Wed...

Once again, thanx to all at SGL for the warm reception, looking forward to sharing many dark, clear nights ahead with you folks.

Archived