Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

New Lunar 100 web pages.

michaelmorris

For a while I've been toying with the idea of adding a page to my observatory website organising my images by the Lunar 100 list. As with all these things they seem to take on a life of their own and a simple list with hyperlinks to images has taken 20 times longer than planned and has turned into a bit of a monster!

I've included thumbnail images, co-ordinates, size, cross-references to maps in the Rukl and Hatfield SCT altases, a description of the feature, and suggestions for other Lunar 100 list objects that are either nearby, optimally viewed under the same lighting conditions or have notable similar or contrasting features. You can find it here -

Almira Observatory

Eventually I may develop this even fruther with hyperlinks to relevant web pages.

Anyway, I hope this is of some use to others.

This is what i get after about 60s...

Network Error (tcp_error)

A communication error occurred: "Operation timed out"
The Web Server may be down, too busy, or experiencing other problems preventing it from responding to requests. You may wish to try again at a later time.

For assistance, contact your network support team.

The whole "domain" isnt available ...

How long have you had it up and running ... maybe a DNS propogation problem if the domains only been registered in the last day or so... both Work and Home use BT for me... I'll try again tomorrow...

QUOTE]

Peter - the domain has been up a running for about two years, perhaps the server is being a bit slow. I'll try and go through the pages over the next few weeks to see if there is anything I can do to speed up the load times.

Still not working from BT at least in this part of the world tried work and home again this morning ...

Used some internet DNS utils to try an resolve yor domians..

almiraobservatory.awardspace.com is resolving to 82.197.131.62 but not using the BT DNS servers and isn't being resolved by quite a few others that the web utils checked out either.......

The IP address in pingable... both using the numeric address and the domian name...

But still no joy on the webpages...

But still no joy on the web page

Peter

I'm baffled by this (as I am about a lot of things!). Out of interest, try www.nightcal.co.uk and see if this webpage works (it's on the same server). If it does, there is a link to the observatory web site at the bottom of the front page of Nightcal - try that. Please let me know how you get on.

PS What web browser are you using?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived