Narrowband

Any good darksites around suffolk/essex border?

Jayla

Hi guys,

I know there are a few Suffolk/Essex astronomers out there, I'm wondering if anyone could recommend some good dark sites. After a month or so of casual reading/research, I've invested in some bins and am looking for someplace to go try them (street lights behind my garden don't sound tempting to stay at home!)

I'm around the sudbury area, I did find a good place on the back roads to Bures (which is quite elevated so a good 360degree view), but its right on a road so theres a good chance of losing "dark vision"

Would be interested to hear what some of the locals can suggest!

Cheers

As you say - around Bures would be some cracking places. How about around Edwardstone, Waldingfield areas aswell?

Not sure but are there some "public areas" and footpaths near Hadleigh (Wolves Wood area)??

Suffolk countryside is lovely but remember to take care if you are out on your own. Not just undesirable characters but if you slip and hurt yourself you are literally in the dark in the middle of nowhere.

HTH

Cheers

Bill£:)

Archived