Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M27, M57 and NGC 7635 Observatory first light

ncjunk

Managed to set everything up yesterday after my dad popped out to Spain for a two week holiday and helped me finish a couple of bits off (He cut the grass as well, aren´t parents great!)

Anyhow, I spent 2 hours trying to find a target and failing through stupidity. I didn´t give pinpoint enough time to detect where I was pointing (lost patience after half an hour). When I did give it enough time it found the centre after 45 mins, I corrected the pointing model and everything worked like a dream.:)

In theory I can leave everything connected and now just spend half an hour focusing with the mask I got from Billy and I am good to go.

The following pics are just for test really I had never tried the bubble so wanted to see what it was like.

M57 L=200 sec x 2, RGB = 120 sec x 2

M27 L=200 sec x 4, rgb = 120 sec x 6

Bubble L= 200 sec x 10, rgb = 120 sec x 10

I need to do 1 night on 1 target now...and get the auto guiding working. I may leave the auto guiding until the winter when I have more time 200 sec should be fine with the ACP automated control until then.

Cheers

Neil C

post-14473-133877379603_thumb.jpg

post-14473-133877379611_thumb.jpg

post-14473-133877379617_thumb.jpg

Aaahhh yep sorry Peter I should be more precise! it was 1 minute with the mask and 29 minutes trying to get the filter working and find a star bright enough to focus on.

I won´t have that problem tonight as the pointing is working and the filter wheel cable has not been touched!

I will have a look at the grabber software sometime.

NC

Archived