SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Bubble Nebula (Ha)

Tim

I suppose it had to happen.....

Here's the first light from my recent aquisition of an SXV-H9 and Baader 7nm Ha filter.

Have to say I rather enjoyed grabbing these 20 min subs, no trace of light pollution gradients or the like. Also very easy to process in B&W.

Still want to get some colour for it though.

3hrs C9.25 @f6.3

TJ

post-14037-133877379138_thumb.jpg

Martin, the filter wheel is here........... its Maxim I cant bear to face up against, thats a real nemesis for me, compared to the ease of Nebulosity and PHD.

Maxim is a ***** cat, it really is. The tutorials are good and they allow you to run through things in simulator mode. When you set up your camera just use the SX universal driver for both cameras and for the SX guider. For the guider select "same as main camera" Maxim then just treats the 2 as a dual chip camera. PM me if stuck.

Great image TJ that OAG is working fantastically well with 20min subs the SN ratio is much improved compared with % min subs.

I have got my TS OAG working now with lovely round stars using 15min subs - not gone to 20mins yet but for narrowbanding 20min subs will give quality results in the fainter areas.

JohnH.

John, yes, going from 10 min subs to 20 min made a huge difference to the faint stuff collected. and it was much more apparent in Ha than with the OSC camera.

Just need a clear night to get the OIII for it now, had a frustrating stop start night on weds and havent bothered to check whether any of the subs were actually not affected by clouds passing.

Thanks for the comments all.

Archived