Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Moon 8 Day Old 1st June 2009 2107-20 UT

Rob1961

Hi everyone, been reading for a while and finally decided to post after playing with my new toy - a Meade LPI imager for a while. Getting it to work under Vista is another story! This is my 4th attempt at an image using Registax 5 and the GIMP to flip and rotate N-S and E-W. I'm pretty pleased at the way Cassini came out. Equipment is a Skywatcher 127 Mak (SupaTrak - tracking on) on an Alt/Az mount. 1378 frames of which 15 ended up being stacked for this image.

Any comments/ advice really welcome as I am just at the start of the learning curve in imaging using the LPI.

moon010609_2107-2120UT-LPI withregistax5processing.bmp

Thanks Mick, the focus and atmosphere were spot on. The previous three attempts the focus was slightly off - I'm still manual focussing but busy with motors amd switches to help that (I hope!) Until I got the LPI I was using a Lumix Digicam where I had no focus control so it was a bit of luck as to whether or not images were in focus.

Nicely done Rob,

You have got the LPI working and if it aint broke don't fix it ....

Theres a newer version of Autostar suite 5.5 which looks like it has "vista" drivers buried in it but its a sledgehammer to crack a nut... being a 214MB download... why dont they just "publish" the drivers seperately :)

Envisage 7.05 has some nicer features compared to the older version as well...

Both available from here ...

Peter...

Hi Peter and Ron

Thanks for the links Peter the whole suite doesn't seem to like me too much but going directly into Envisage is fine.... I've always been a follower of the 'if it works keep your fingers crossed' approach when using software. I've been reading SGL since I treat myself to the 'scope in January and it's a bit of the childhood dream fulfilled. Now if I had a car to get to Kielder.... (smile) Rob1961

Archived