Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Widefield M13 and M57

rikyuu

hi,

here's a couple from last night, which turned out to be quite a clear (and cold) night, taken around 11pm-11:30pm so it wasn't quite dark.

Equipment: C80-ED on ALT/AZ GOTO, Canon 300d, stacked in DSS, processed in PS.

M13-ISO800 9x38s subs

M57-ISO1600 13x18s subs

I'm pleased to see M57 again, it was my favourite target last year when I was getting into astronomy, but didn't quite have enough time on it as it disappeared in the west. Now it's climbing in the south east which is the best position from my garden. I think I will try the Mak127 on it to get a bit more close up.

Thanks for looking

post-14666-13387737824_thumb.jpg

post-14666-133877378248_thumb.jpg

Nicely done, and good clarity to the shots. I used to aim for over 50 subs per target when I used the SLT... it makes quite a difference as the sub length is restricted by the AltAz motion.

Nicely done, and good clarity to the shots. I used to aim for over 50 subs per target when I used the SLT... it makes quite a difference as the sub length is restricted by the AltAz motion.

Thanks, I will try for a few more subs next time (or add to the current ones) as there isn't much colour detail in M57 either.

Archived