SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Scope covers - what are people using ?

I'm really looking forward to Salisbury and whilst I'm getting kitted out for myself, have yet to get hold of a scope cover. I did buy a motorbike cover, but it's not quite big enough :icon_salut:

I've seen this web site here, but wondered if (FLO?) anyone in the UK has anything to offer ?

Thanks

Howdy,

I bought one of these..... Cases, Bags and Covers for Telescopes and Other Optics I haven't used it yet but I have seen one on a mates telescope and it looks / feels good, and did a great job of keeping the scope dry during a shower, I don't have any reason to think it would be less effective in rain.

Hope that helps.

Gary

HI,

I use a barbecue cover, which is water and UV proof on the outside, but flocked on the inside so that is doesnt get condensation troubles. Incidentally, My mount and sometimes an OTA is left out at all times under this. In very hot weather as recently, I cover the whole thing with a white sheet, to keep it cooler, or sometimes tinfoil.

I know that the Widescreen centre in London deals with a good cover, I have seen them at star parties, and they look very good indeed, but they are not a cheap option. Details on their website.

At star parties, I use a utility tent as well over the mount and kit, and if the sky is clear, by unhooking four guy ropes I can move the tent over out of the way.

See you at Salisbury.

TJ

HI,

I know that the Widescreen centre in London deals with a good cover, I have seen them at star parties, and they look very good indeed, but they are not a cheap option. Details on their website.

I use a couple of Telegizmo's covers for my scopes which I originally got from Widescreen a few years back. They work a treat and are reflective foil covered on the outside so are good to use when the sun is out. As TJ points out they are a tad expensive though.

James

Warthog - you are the man... Love it - not sure that will fit over my scope, but it sure makes me think.

Thanks for all the other advice as well. It's now got me hunting around in the right places. I had assumed that you need the cover to be somehow breathable so that condensation doesn't build up.

Steve (FLO) - assume you don't sell anything for the LB ?

Archived