Narrowband

Hi everyone. Catanonia here : A very eager newbie in the UK

Catanonia

Well I have been scoping for about 3 weeks and started off with a tripod and Sony DSLR 700 with a 500mm lense after seeing some shots on a Canon DSLR forum section.

Soon got the bug after stacking some subs and getting a faint galaxy on board.

I was hooked. I have always loved astronomy and did Astro / Nucluer / Particle Physics at Liverpool uni. Now I can afford the kit since working now.

So time for a scope and as typical I went over board...... Anyone say newbie with more money than sense..... ?

Well bought a Skywatcher ED 80 and a cheap EQ5 and managed to get some good pictures of M57 Lyra ring.

Well 2 days later went out and spent some money.

So now I have a EQ6 ProScan mount with a Skywatcher ED 120 pro Diamond black with a piggy back ED 80 Pro.

DSLR Sony A700 connected to main scope and a PL 130m connected as a guider for the ED 80

Yes gone totally overboard with this new hobby, but sold a lot of remote controlled planes to fund it all and always been into astromony.

So that is me, a very keen and well 1 month old UK astrophotographer.

A few pictures, my setup minus the cameras and a shot of M57 (10 30sec stacks with 900mm with 3x Barlow on the ED120 through clouds. Only cropped, no zoom)

post-16631-133877377937_thumb.jpg

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks all for the warm welcome.

Learnt so much over last few weeks on the net. Currently trying to get the Ascom Driver for EQ working with Stellarium Scope to give me an alternative Goto system other than the SkyScan.

Just doing it for the fun of it, since I have the software and cables.

Already have a panoramic view of my garden plugged into Stellarium all lined up perfectly that I use. Would be nice to click on the Stellarium and have the scope go directly there and track :icon_salut:

Archived