SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

M51 - 1st go with ED80 + super polaris

MartinB

Finally got the super polaris all set up with hand set. NS8 being mended, clear skies (wish it was tomorrow night now!). Some problems getting the Atik to focus. Eventually had to use 0.5 focal reducer. Initially did 10x60 secs. Tracking very well 3x100 secs then 4x120 secs all unguided. 120 secs unguided was the limit. Aligned using polar scope. Dead chuffed with the performance of the mount.

image.jpg

Thanks for the comments everyone. I showed the pic to my secretary who seems genuinely interested in these things - she said "oooh! Looks just like a whirlpool". Think she should have a pay rise!

Thanks for the comments everyone. I showed the pic to my secretary who seems genuinely interested in these things - she said "oooh! Looks just like a whirlpool". Think she should have a pay rise!

Careful Martin, could cost you a fortune if that is all she has to do to get a pay rise. :nono:

Oooh! good picture :D

naz

Archived