Narrowband

M27 and M57

paulobao

Hello again,

I took these ones 2 weeks ago here at Oporto.

I will be remaking both in my dark sky area in LRGB in a couple of months (I hope so :cool:). I used the small Tak FS102 this time at f/8 and my QSI532WS-M1 and Ha and OIII filters from Baader.

M27 - 9x20 min Ha

cqs1243548555m.jpg

M27 in :icon_salut: funny colours with the 9x20min Ha + 9x20min OIII in 2 different blendings. I wanted to bring those surrounding neb out. Need much more time at f/8, but it is a starting point.

arx1243548602z.jpg

viu1244283408r.jpg

M57 - 8 x 30min in Ha with a pseudo HDR. I made a series of images of different "luminosity" with my 30 min subs and made a manual HDR (otherwise the ring is completely burned). This one is really nasty to make with my small OTA specially at f/8 but I needed some scale/res. I want to bring those 2 skirts out (and the second one is already there at the right next to the first one) and combine it with the R channel when I have the LRGB subs. It will be fun to bring it out. Need much more exposure but the sky still will be there in a couple of months so, it is ok.

jdv1243549046l.jpg

Great stuff Paulo :icon_salut:

The 20 minute subs have started to really bring out the envelope around M27, and the second 'skirt' around M57 is showing nicely too.

I've never managed to catch the second M57 ring from here, but hope to maybe do so later in the year.

Cheers

Rob

Paulo, that M27 is spectacular. I have only ever managed to capture the faintest whisper of the outer layers of this, more like just noise, but your capture has structure and definition, and really emphasizes the larger nature of M27.

All of your images are my favourite, but this one is my favourite favourite :icon_salut:

Tim

Thank you for your kind words about my images.

I really like these special "things" about these rather ordinary objects. Like people all have something special if we can go deep :icon_salut:.

I hope the good weather arrives soon because the last days were terrible.

Clear skies,

paulo

Yes, I captured this images from my backyard in the center of the city (Matosinhos/Oporto in Portugal). Both M27 and M57 were taken in 2 nights (the 26th and 27th of May): M57 from aprox. midnight to 2 AM (41º - 63º alt) and M27 from 2:20 to 5:20 AM (49º - 71º alt). Data from my log file.

This is a typical Na light polluted city with a beautifull orange glow :-( .

I will take these one in my dark area in the countryside. Despite the NB filters I can say now that the results are not exactly the same!

Regards,

paulo

Thanks.

Martin, I find the QSI532 just amazing. I had some problems with the flats (I posted at the QSI forum) but, I found that when I make photos at my dark place I don't need flats anymore. Even here, my flats make the things worse (which can mean that my flats are not properly made). But the high sensibility to the Ha, the small body, the great electronics, the integrated filter wheel, the great CNC work...just made this a great machine). Hope to explore it a lot...unfortunatelly it seems that we will enter the winter sooner :).

regards,

paulo

Archived