Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Is the Universe Infinite

Chubster

I could well be not understanding this right, but if the universe had a beginning then it would not be infinite.

The distance from the big bang singularity to edge of the universe would be worked out via the age of the universe multiplied by the speed of light ?

I'm sure I'm looking stupid here :laughing3:

Ho Hum,

Cheers,

Mike

I could well be not understanding this right, but if the universe had a beginning then it would not be infinite.

The distance from the big bang singularity to edge of the universe would be worked out via the age of the universe multiplied by the speed of light ?

I'm sure I'm looking stupid here :laughing3:

Ho Hum,

Cheers,

Mike

Not stupid at all mate just as confused as the rest of us. :D

But you are right in a sense.

But as no one will ever live long enough to see that far how can the "infinity" theory be disproved.

Yep they use a load of big fancy double barrelled words that not a lot

of people know the meaning of let alone have heard of.

As has been said on here before how can you agree/disagree with

something when you don't understand ALL the facts.

I am told by mathematicians that there are different degrees of infinityness. I think you are right, Mike except for that period of hyperexpansion before the universe began to obey the rules, and settled into a maximum speed of 300,000 km/hr. My son keeps trying to break that in my Saturn.

Archived