SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

14hours later...

Eddie

Hi folks,

wasn't last week fantastic!!?! Bit a change now, with all this rain!

I had a few nights on the trot, which was great! I had been wanting to get back to do a narrow band version of the North American / pelican region so here it is...

Details:

Borg 77EDII OTA with DGL reducer + Artemis11002 CCD + Astronomik Ha, SII, OIII filters. Exposure was 6hours of Ha, 2 hours of SII and 2 hours of OIII, with 4hours processing time.

Thanks for looking, hope you all like it.

Eddie

Click for a bigger one!

ngc7000_small.jpg

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

good god eddie, thats a stonkingly good image.... I just spent the last 10 minutes looking at it, and another 10 at the seperate RGB (SHO) channels. I am gobsmacked! I dont know what else to say..... bravo!

Now that's very pretty!

There's nothing quite like the HST palette for really distinguishing the differences in these nebs, and this image does that exceptionally.

I do hope you are going to send this one to those nice boys at APOD?

Thanks for posting it Eddie, that's a real highlight.

Tim

Outstanding, in more ways than one. Your data collection and process has brought our very tangible depth and dimension in this image. It is an incredible sight.

Ron.:icon_salut::icon_salut:

eddie,

this NB image is full of reds and greens and blues. Which is exactly what it should contain. This has been processed magnificently. The 6 hours of Ha really show, with all the background gas you have captured.

You have done this amazing area of cygnus proud.

APOD have allegances to certain manufacturers, especially filters, so for me, I hope I never get an APOD. Although this image is worthy of international recognition (just not those guys)

Superb Eddie, POW for me!

Paul

Absolutely stunning!

Although I am in no position to comment on your processing skills, have you tried dropping the magenta saturation in the stars? Personally I think these images look better with the magenta stars toned back down more to a white colour.

Not nit picking though, the image is amazing, and I suppose you probably prefer them as they are.

Archived