Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_celestial_motion.thumb.jpg.a9e9349c45f96ed7928eb32f1baf76ed.jpg

drummerp

Local Meet in or nr Bristol

Hi all,

There seams to be quite a few members that either live in or live nr Bristol.

I live slap bang in the center and find light pollution a problem so I was wondering where people can recommend for a good place for viewing.

Additionally, If a place is known or can be located would people be interested in a local meet for an evening of viewing ???

Cheers

Neil

Hi Neil,

I live out B.Stoke way, M4's in my front garden, well almost. I've been restricted to my back garden so far, young kids, my darkest locations.

James

I live I Chippenham so just down the road

From you.

I hear lacock has some nice dark skies also castle coombe is very remote so might be an option too

Darren:)

North Somerset is quite dark in places as there is nothing much in the way of light pollution between Bristol and Taunton on the east side of the M5. Bristol is to the North so veiws to the south would be good. Somewhere between Wells and the M5 would be a good area.

Regards

Kevin