SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

My Laptop/Eyepiece extentible arm table

Doc

I bought this computer table that extends and normally clamps onto a desk top brand new off Ebay for £10 cost new £75 so thought I could use this as a laptop/eyepiece table.

Bolted it to the dob base as you can see. You just pull to the disired position and it stays where it is.

One problem even though it's meant to take 50lb in weight which i'm no where near it still wobbles slightly. To counter this I'm going to design a gas strutt thats adjustible to go from under the tray to a bracket on the base.

All it needs is the laptop table painting black and a coat of laquer.

Not a bad mod for maybe £15.

Off to design a adjustable strutt of some sort :icon_salut:

post-13619-133877377339_thumb.jpg

post-13619-133877377347_thumb.jpg

post-13619-133877377354_thumb.jpg

post-13619-133877377361_thumb.jpg

post-13619-133877377368_thumb.jpg

Look's very professional, no problem's with of ballance isseus, I take it the scope's heavy enough to pin it down?

Nice one Mick.G.

Balances very well Mick.

Even the Az motion doesn't see to be affected.

Hi. This mod looks the business. Been looking for something along these lines to hold my laptop without having my heart in my mouth. Would you still have details of the seller etc via E bay. Would love to sort someting out for my kit. Many thx John

Hi. This mod looks the business. Been looking for something along these lines to hold my laptop without having my heart in my mouth. Would you still have details of the seller etc via E bay. Would love to sort someting out for my kit. Many thx John

Hi John here's the link to the page.

TV/VDU Swivel Arm Clamp 20-45mm Stretch 990mm Cap 25kg on eBay, also, TV Stands, Living Room Furniture, Home Garden (end time 31-May-09 11:39:06 BST)

Love it ! :icon_salut:

Looks the business, and also seems to be just in keeping with the scope's look 'n feel. I can see you've set the high water mark yet again... At this rate, I'll be running out of ideas

(yeh... right...):cool:

It's a great idea and a very neat job, but I am wondering why you want to paint the table black. I like to keep things around my scope light coloured, to save my shins. :icon_salut:

I've actually had a change of heart and am painting it white. As you say can see it in the dark better :cool:

Archived