Eyepieces For f/5 Scope

Sorry to bore you all with yet another eyepiece question. I didn't realise how difficult it would be to choose. I think it's harder than actually choosing the telescope!

Anyway, I have a Celestron Omni 150XLT which is f/5. The only eyepiece that came with it is a 25mm so I'm looking at getting some more eyepieces. I already have a 2x barlow. I also own a 4mm and 10mm eyepiece, however these EPs came with a telescope I purchased around 8 years ago from Aldi which was £29.99 so I gathered these must be pretty bad. Are there any special requirements for faster scopes (f/5). I like the look of the Meade 4000 range and I've read brilliant reviews on the Antares range too.

Thanks for your help!

HI, Spike,

I have a Celestron f/5 relfector. Following my own advice, I have a 2x Barlow, a 7.5mm Antares Speers-WALER and a 24mm Speers-WALER which is now out of production. That is my basic kit, and the eps I use most often. I am quite happy with the performance of the SWs in this scope, and in my f/9.5 frac.

Archived