SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

NGC7000 Mexico Region

Hi Stargazers, I forgot to post this one from Sunday night.

3586154628_69bc72615d_o.jpg

William Optics Megrez 90, Starlight Express SXV-H9, Astronomik 13nm Filter, 19x720s.

I love this bit of nebulosity - the contrast between the "Mexico" emission regions and inky black dust of LDN935 are fantastic. It's a pity it doesn't have its own catalogue number you can slap into Synscan. Entering NGC7000 doesn't help much as goto puts you somewhere in Dakota. I obtained the Ephemeris from Uranometria/Wikisky and created a user defined object in Synscan which appears to have done the job.

Dunno how I got a diffraction spike on the bright star at 3 o'clock, I don't actually own any OTAs with vanes.

Beautiful detail Dave, nicely stretched. The spikes look like microlens artefacts, I see in the H9 bumph that SXV say there are no "significant" microlens artefacts, which makes me think the chip has microlenses and that yours are "insignificant"

I get them with my QSI 532 and they are a minor irritation. Sometimes I smudge them out but usually I don't bother.

Archived