Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

S.Wales. Help pls!!!!!!!

flatfootsam

Hi Sam

No Flatfoots in this area but a number of Native Indian Bands.

Our seeing can be very much like Sth. Wales here on the B.C.coastal areas but inland can be very good.

I am trying to get more into astro ( Have been meddling for past 11yrs) and have recently bought a used 5" Intes Mak/Newt with a NPEQ 3 'go to' mount. Went this route as I found the EQ5 and 6 much too heavy to carry.

Not had much success with mount as A. I am having difficulties with balancing B. SkyWatcher had apparently programmed it wrong.Now I have decided not to do any work until the feather touch focusser I ordered arrives and also after a six week trip to Europe and U.K.

Clear Skies,

Alan

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The shop I deal with had a used 7" INtes in recently but unfortunately this trip over has me touring with a choir (Vancouver Welsh Mens) in Germany and we are very restricted in the amount of 'cases' we can bring.

Out of interst I will ask the shop what price they are asking so you could compare it with UK price.

Alan

Thanks Alan. Would be interesting to compare. We do seem to get ripped off in the UK. The dollar is losing ground but I dont suppose for a minute that suppliers here will reduce prices. I notice most US equipment is pound for dollar here, which even with carriage charges is alot less if buying direct from US. Shame parcel carriers cant be more careful, I couldn't trust them to send a scope safely. Will just have to dig a bit deper to get what I want.

• 1 month later...

Hi people

I have now purchased my scope and mount and will start a new thread in the equipment help section shortly for advice on what to get next.

Equipment purchased:- Orion SPX250 on Vixen SXW and pier. Apologies in advance for the forthcoming bad weather due to this purchase :)

• 1 month later...

Hi Sam,

Returned from Swansea 3 weeks ago and am wondering why you bothered as there was onl two clear nights the whole time I was there, as Mr Boyce would say "only joking"

I wish you very much luck in your endeveours with the gear.

I had numerous problems with the "Feather Touch" focusser firm we decided to go with a 'Moonlight" one.Unfortunately I brought the UK weather back with me but forecast is good for next week so hers hoping for those clear skies.

alan

• 4 weeks later...

Archived