SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Lovely Iris

roundycat

or NGC 7023 to give it it's proper name. TMB 152/ST10 and 5m subs in red and green and 8m subs in blue, nine of each totalling 165 minutes. I think to do this properly I will have to use an ABG camera as the central bloom gets a bit big. Most of the pre-processing done in Maxim, the rest in PS. North is up.

Dennis

post-15519-13387737487_thumb.jpg

Cloudwatcher, you are welcome to play around with anything I post. As it happens I disagree with your increasing the contrast. I used to present objects like this with way too much contrast all the time and now tend to keep it lower. Overdo it and star colour goes and the super contrasty brighter bits of the nebula just don't look right. The dust clouds around the nebula are not actually a neutral dark grey, more a dark brown. I managed to get another two and a half hours last night so watch this space!!

Dennis

Archived