Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Atik 4000 first light

ollypenrice

Sorry, only mono as yet (I don't get first call on the kit down here) but I think the new camera will be great to use. The Owl and M108, only 40 minutes of lum in the Meade 127. Flats and darks applied.

While the stars in the corners can't be called perfect I'd say they could be worse, so this looks like a promising setup.

The Genesis (a mark one) can't fully illuminate the big chip so I've gone and ordered an FSQ.

OMG, I can't have done.

Can I?

Eeek.

Olly

Flickr Photo Download: Owl/M108

It ain't luck, Arran, it's madness. I always have the excuse that it's 'for the business' - which it is (to some extent...) Should arrive late next week. Narrowband of ic1396 at about f3 with the reducer. Could be good fun. Unless of course Monique finds out and I never live to see the day...

Olly

Very nice work Olly. Owl shows especially well.

Everyone seems to be getting an FSQ, we must all be stark raving bonkers. I have the 0.73 reducer as well, gives F3.6 and it will fully illuminate your Atik 4000. I used the reducer for the first time this week end. The hardest thing is configuring the adaptors because the manual isn't a great help despite the diagrams. If you get stuck PM me!

Archived