Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hooking a Cam upto a telescope

I have a plan I'd like to try out.

I'd like to hook my Vista laptop up to my Celestron powerseeker. I have an old cam (Which I don't think is up to the job really so willing to invest in a new one) and I'd like to connect it to the scope for taking photos and just general ease of viewing. I wear contact lenses and find staring through an eye piece can give me dry eye! (anyone else get that?)

If anyone here has done this already could you help me with a good cam suggestion and also the mechanisam of how to fit it to my telescope. I may also need a program to for the laptop?

I have a little bit of money to spend on this but would like to DIY it as much as possible!

Thanks

Which ever is better Psycho. My plan is to get the best picture I can as I'd like to take photos. Can you tell me the difference? I'd assume a webcam would be lower in quality?

I used to wear contact lenses so I know what you mean. Stephen James O'Meara, possibly the world's leading observer says that you should keep your eye moving and keep blinking whilst at the telescope. It keeps the eye better fed with its various nutrients!

Dennis

It can be a right pain. I get really frustrated after awhile. I'd like to hook it upto my laptop so I could see clearly and also snap a few pics. So I've had a cam suggested to me, would I need any programs?

Archived