Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Soap bubble neb - can you see it??

ollypenrice

In there somewhere is the Soap Bubble Nebula, a near spherical planetary only quite recently discovered. It is quite large (about a sixth of the frame) upper left of centre. Doesn't exactly dazzle the eye and the addition of RGB was quite pretty but made it vanish altogether so here's the Ha. Meade 127, couple of hours in 10 min subs.

Flickr Photo Download: VERY faint soapbubble planetary in Ha.

Olly

Well, as there's some interest in this one, here's the RGBHa version. The darned thing is even harder to see in this one so I have posted a copy in which the contrast is pushed too hard for aesthetic purposes but makes our soapy friend less slippery...

I do believe I first came across this thanks to Paulo on a French forum so my thanks to him.

Olly

That's great Olly. Took me ages to spot it - just to the R of the dark E. I've just been finishing off processing a Crescent image and thanks to your image I've managed to spot it on mine but nothing like as clear as yours.

Archived