Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M13 - Glob

Coco

Hi here is another attempt at imaging M13 without guiding.

Taken with an EOS 5D ,CPC800 @ ISO 1250

No Flats ,darks or bias just 20 x lights in DSS.

My LVi is in the post so hopefully I can improve on this by an awful amount better. :cool:

original.jpg

Cheers

Guy

The subs were 30 seconds

The 5D does not except the Astronomik CLS filter. In fact don't try it as the mirror will clash against it. :cool:

I should point out also that the image is a square crop because of the dark/vignette shadow around the centre caused by full frame CMOS.

Cheers

Guy

That's an excellent second attempt at M13 Guy.

Must have been the CPC in Alt-Az mode? Any longer subs and you'd have got field rotation.

I guess you want to use the LVI guider with the CPC? I assume you realise that you need a wedge for the CPC to use the guider. It won't work in Alt-Az mode.

:cool:

MD

That's an excellent second attempt at M13 Guy.

Must have been the CPC in Alt-Az mode? Any longer subs and you'd have got field rotation.

I guess you want to use the LVI guider with the CPC? I assume you realise that you need a wedge for the CPC to use the guider. It won't work in Alt-Az mode.

:cool:

MD

Got a wedge sorted... although its the HD celestron one until my obs built :)

LVi arrived today so will see.. :)

Guy

Much better colour Martin ... did you use Hue/Saturation?

Guy

No, I just corrected the colour bias by adjusting the black point in levels for each channel. Ran gradient exterminator. Finished off by going into colour balance and just boosting the blue a little in "shadows". I think this gives a nice background and also adds a bit of blue to the outer dim stars

Onwards and Upwards.... where have I heard that before...?

Nice progress Guy.. and getting the wedge setup and the LVI up and running will be the next step amd should brign more improvement....

Use the wedge align routine on the CPC to get your alignment sorted...

Peter....

Archived