SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Single shot M13 & M92

BlueAstra

Took a couple of shots of these two last night. 20s and 25s, 1600ASA. Tried a few more but some were ok and others had trails on them. My setup is relatively simple, relying on internal tracking in the scope. I think I can see that its good enough for visual, but not for relatively long exposures. Still, its nice to have a record of what you've seen.

I'm considering a bigger scope, but torn between an equatorial and a cpc800. Long setup and good photos or conveniance and ok photos. Have to setup and take down at the end of each session. Still considering the pro's and con's.

post-16060-133877374464_thumb.jpg

post-16060-133877374472_thumb.jpg

Easiest way is to use Noel Carbonis Astro Actions...

I bought a CPC800 as I also had to setup and strip it down for each session so the convenience of Alt/Az was a bonus... Soon got frustrated when I started to go down the Astrophotography road... as it needs a lot of extra to be able to use it for long exposure work... mainly a wedge... I built the first one "cheaply" out of 19mm ply wood and even though it looked RAF it wasn't too bad at all..

Peter....

Very nice single shots and an excellent record of what you have seen. We get so wound up with guiding and multihour exposures that we loose track of the fun you can have just form setting up quickly and snapping away. You will never stop fretting about the next step. One option might be to stop and enjoy what you have. Those pictures of yours are lovely.

Archived