Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hyperion EP view of NGC 5272

Cloudwatcher

Awaiting delivery of a Hyperion T-adaptor so I had a look through the 'Bits & Bobs' draw so see if I could connect a DLSR to an Hyperion eyepiece with what I had available.

I knew a T-ring screws onto the thread of the diagonal holder from the 102 mm refractor and the 2" holder from the 203 mm S/Newt screws onto Hyperion eyepieces. Anyway, after a bit of trial and error I came up with the arrangement shown in image 1. Out of interest I weighed the assembly on the kitchen scales which showed it at 24 oz! :cool: That's 4 oz more than the boy weight of the 450D SLR! A total of 44 oz to add and be balanced on the scope:icon_eek:

Well,to my surprise it was quite easy to work and although the results were not exactly mind blowing a quite reasonable image was obtainable which looks rather like an 'eyepiece view' if you see what I mean.:)

Archived