Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M106 - B&W....

RichieJarvis

Hi All,

Whilst I waited for M27 to poke out from behind the trees, I thought I would have a go at another galaxy which I haven't managed to bag yet.

Went a bit silly on this one and used 20 minute subs through a clear filter - will have to see if I can grab the colour data later on. Got 6 subs before I switched over to M27.

Kitwise, this was taken with an SXV-H9 through an AP102 @ F/7....

I was very pleased that my flats removed all of the dust bunnies I saw in the original as well! I think this will be a long-term work in progress (isn't everything in this game??!!)

I think I've managed to capture the essence though!

Thanks for looking,

Cheers,

Richie

post-14845-133877374298_thumb.jpg

20 minute subs :cool: Lovely mate. Wish I had the skies for a 20 minute sub.

I'm not overly familiar with M106, but it looks like you have some nice detail come through.

If that's a work in progress, the end result could be somehting special.

Ant

Thanks All...

Yep - I definitely need to shoot some more Luminance data on this to smooth it more - it just a while with 20 minute subs though!

Doesn't look like this evening is going to be good though :)

@Ant - just to really rub you up the wrong way, thats 20 minute subs through an IR block clear filter with no LP filter from my home observatory :cool:

Cheers,

Richie

Great pic Richie, I'd appreciate the full size tiff of this , I have 10 hours or so of M106 at various focal lengths, but could do with a bit more outer fainter stuff.

Cheers

Tim

Nice one Richie.

The 20 minute subs have really caught the faint outer arms well.

I'm stuck at a maximum of 6 minute subs at the moment, so I'm not jealous at all :cool:

Cheers

Rob

Archived