SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

M27 seems to be popular!

tmarkuk

It seems I wasn't the only one trying to get M27 over the last few nights, I hope I can add to the great images captured all ready.

On Friday night I went out and took 60x2 minute exposures at ISO800, but due to mount problems I had to bin about 20 of them before DSS even got to look at them. After spending the afternoon playing with the mount and working out the issues I had another go and caught another 30x2 minute at ISO800 and out of interest another 20x2 minute at ISO1600 binning about 10%. I think the mount issue is down to balance but I'm not 100% convinced yet.

Anyway, I stacked the ISO800 images together and played with the result :

tmarkuk-albums-deep-space-picture1809-m27-detail.jpg

Then I stacked the ISO1600 and after much mucking about merged them with the previous data to bring out more of the faint nebulosity whilst hopefully retaining some detail of the red clouds:

tmarkuk-albums-deep-space-picture1810-m27-nebulosity.jpg

I think my processing skills are getting better, but as always any and all advice is appreciated!

Tim.

Orion Optics Europa 250mm F4.8

Canon EOS1000D Unmodified

Skywatcher Light Pollution Filter

Vixen Sphinx SX unguided.

Great image Tim, there is a lot more data in there than you think, nice smooth result on the second image. Having lots of subs has given a nice smooth background, just keep going as you are definitely on the right track.

Hope you don't mind but had a quick play with your image in Elements, in levels used the Grey eyedropper on the background to neutralise, made a selection of the nebula and adjusted the Red channel saturation, then increased the saturation of the whole image by 15%.

Brendan

post-13788-133877374431_thumb.jpg

Archived