Fantastic service from Astronomiser

Andrew*

This is just a post to say what brilliant service I received from Andy at Astronomiser for replacing the filter on my Canon 450D. There's a long tedious story behind this that I won't go into here, but I'll just say that he was very communicative, honest, generous and quickly responsive every step of the way. Basically, the camera was damaged through no fault of his but he took it on himself to repair it under the 3-month warranty he offers with every camera he modifies.

The initial work was carried out very expertly and quickly and the camera returned to me in time for SGL4 star party, as I requested. Unfortunately the fault delayed the process by about a month but he was always true to his word and kept me updated. He even gave me some of his Canon connection products as a thank you for my patience, even though the delay was beyond his control.

Also, I would like to say that on occasion I have contacted him to ask for advice on cameras and mount modifications and he has always been honest, quick and patient in his responses.

I would very strongly recommend anyone to turn to Andy for modifying cameras (and his other services/products) and will definitely turn to him at the next opportunity.

Andrew

Great news that you've both got modded cameras now, really looking forward to seeing some great images.

I've ordered a few things from Astronomiser in the past, the communication from Andy is always first class as is the service.

Ian

I too can add my endorsement, I had my 350D modded a few weeks ago and Andy turned it round in two days flat! How's that for service? Alas I haven't had a chance to put the camera to proper test since then - except one galaxy image: still tinkering with the raws to get the best effect.

Thanks very much to you all for your kind comments.

Andrew's post shows that not everything goes smoothly all the time, but it's important to me to make sure that a, people get what they pay for with as little hassle as possible and b, that people can go out and enjoy astronomy - it always pleases me to see people getting great results out of cameras etc that I have made/ modded (if it was just about the money, I'd be doing something easier that pays better :cool:).

Andy

I'd like to also add my comments.

I have a practically brand new 40D with less than 1,000 actuations.I chose the 40D over the 450D because it feels cooler ( magnesium vs plastic) and I thought this might aid noise.(I never mentioned to Andy that I had any other cameras)

After speaking to Andy I decided the mod plus auto focus capability was the right direction for my needs.

The camera was modified well within the promised time and returned to me in perfect clean condition. Andy knew I was going on holiday with the family and although I would have been happy for him to send it to me when I returned he pulled out the stops to make sure I took it along, I really hope Andy doesn't get short notice turn around times now I have mentioned this. :cool:

My image from this wonderful modification is here: http://stargazerslounge.com/imaging-deep-sky/81054-cygnus-lyra-aquila-wide-field.html

I doubt their would be any Ha' present had I not had it modified :headbang:

Andy logs his modified camera serial numbers so if you sell it, you can claim that its a 'genuine Astronomised' recognised unit.

If your sat on the fence with having your camera modified, rest assured astronomiser will take good care of it and you will really see a big difference in hydrogen-alpha zones..

Big Thanks Andy :icon_salut:

Cheers

Guy

I can only endorse the positive comments already said regarding Astronomiser.

Information, service and delivery are always spot on.

I will certainly be getting my Canon modified by Andy once the Canon guarantee runs out.

Andy

So glad you got sorted Andrew, you were in much despair at SGL 4 over this I remember, and a big well done to Andy, I'm sure he could have walked away from this and claimed the fault was with Canon before the mod.

Looking forward to some images now Andrew..................

Steve..

Archived