Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Rare occurrance in August?

jamieren

A friend was telling me about a certain occurrance taking place this fall. He had no other details except whatever it is will likely not take place again during our lifetime (he was a little shy on the details). Could this be a transit of Venus across the sun or something? Any ideas?

IIRC the Venus Transit will be coming up in 2012. The only upcoming autumn event i can think of (offhand) is Saturn's rings being edge on, but that's hardly a once in a lifetime occurence.

Did your friend hear about this event in one of those "Fwd: Fwd: Fwd:" emails? If so it's probably the Mars hoax (it'd be nice if money came along with that thing, we'd all be rich by now, lol).

The only upcoming autumn event i can think of (offhand) is Saturn's rings being edge on, but that's hardly a once in a lifetime occurence.

I guess this depends on how long you're expecting to live ... an event which happens twice in 29 years is hardly common by the standards of the lifespan of a mayfly.

I guess this depends on how long you're expecting to live ... an event which happens twice in 29 years is hardly common by the standards of the lifespan of a mayfly.

I'm sort of assuming jamieren is not a mayfly... :cool:

A friend was telling me about a certain occurrance taking place this fall. He had no other details except whatever it is will likely not take place again during our lifetime (he was a little shy on the details). Could this be a transit of Venus across the sun or something? Any ideas?

Hi There jamieren

Similar story here but the attached zip file might shed some more light on the subject.

Danny

Archived