SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

step by step guide for absolute beginners

hey people, just a bit intrigued about radio astronomy. With the weather being so rubbish lately and me getting frustrated that i cant use any of my scopes i think this might be a subject that could keep me occupied. so im a absolute beginner ( i know a little bit about the electromagnetic spectrum to get me by).

How do i go about this? remember im a beginner so everything in simple terms! haha

would be cool maybe if someone could post a full beginners guide with pics.

cheers

Dan

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hey all,

This is quite an old thread, so I thought i'd revive it as feel the same as the the original author.

Any thoughts about how to start this? Even just a good book recommendation.

Cheers,

David

Hi , Have a look at these links for starters Radio Astronomy for Scientists Teachers and Students for some background . Robin Leadbetter has a page on his website ROBIN'S ASTRONOMY PAGE Radio Astronomy - Ku band experiments. You can buy some kit from here UK Radio Astronomy Association . Hope this gets you started ! Len E

• 3 months later...

Archived