Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Filter Question

Is it worth it to buy a better name brand filter? I'm looking to buy a moon filter and was wondering if its worth it to buy an Orion or Celestron, or even one of the cheap ones. Is there anything specific I should be looking for?

Thanks

Hi Driftwood,

I have this filter:

Moon & Neutral Density Filters

It is fantastic, reduces glare on the moon without affecting colour or reducing the amount of detail, brings out amazing detail where I would normally be lucky to see any coz of the glare. Mine's a 1.25", 0.9 density.

Would really recommend it, it's also helped to bring out banding on Saturn and to enhance the rings across the planets surface (don't know how but I'm not complaining lol!)

Amanda

Thanks Amanda. I'll have to find something similar from a company located here in North America to keep the shipping price down. But the info on the filters you gave is very helpful.

So thanks again :)

Phil

Archived