Narrowband

milkyway

mark skelton

Last summer I took some photos of the milkyway with my canon 350d with 18-55mm lens. After l finding a primer by MartinB on how to stretch the histogram I had a go of stretching the histogram on my images. This is what I came up with.post-14702-133877372711_thumb.jpg

post-14702-133877372739_thumb.jpg

Very nice star fields.......... do you still have the exposure details?

Hope you don't object but I've had a quick dab at removing the 'red glow' from the images. :)

And for us newbies this was acheived how?:D:)

And for us newbies this was acheived how?:D:)

I feel a touch of 'dodgy view' ....... as they say in France! :)

As a picture is supposed to speak a thousand words I'm attaching a screen capture of the photoshop tools used for a quick enhancement.

How the sliders on the highlighted tools are positioned is a matter of individual choice......... some will prefer a subdued look ,others will go for a more saturated,sharpened appearance. Best bet is to just play around till you hit the 'Ooo! I like that!' spot. :)

HTH.

Very nice star fields.......... do you still have the exposure details?

Hope you don't object but I've had a quick dab at removing the 'red glow' from the images. :)

on both images I set the iso to 1600, f3.5, the image thats in portrat format (28090802) had an exposure time of 95 sec. the other one (28090801)(landscape format) not sure what the exposure time is (slit probs with laptop awhile ago) but think it's about the same as 28090802. How did you get rid of the red glow

on both images I set the iso to 1600, f3.5, the image thats in portrat format (28090802) had an exposure time of 95 sec. the other one (28090801)(landscape format) not sure what the exposure time is (slit probs with laptop awhile ago) but think it's about the same as 28090802. How did you get rid of the red glow

Thanks for the info,Mark. :)

As to the 'red glow' see above.

Archived