Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NGC7023

Robfal

First image post for a while and I am pleased with this

However I have got guided sorted (I hope) managed to get 15 min sub consistently over several nights.

Details

NGC 7023

Scope ED80 on a EQ6 Pro mount

Camera ATIK 16ic

Guided QHY5 with PHD

Processing Maxim + PS

Very pleased with the image however there are still some issues with the mottled background. Not sure what I should have done to reduce this.

I've included the Lum only Tiff (from Maxim) if anyone wishes to have a go!. Suggestions on what I could try would be gratefully received

Re-processed in Photoshop (I guess there is still lots for me to learn here)

Rob

post-13237-133877372591_thumb.jpg

post-13237-133877374546_thumb.jpg

I like the way the dust clouds have come out Rob. The very core is perhaps a little overcooked, but overall this is a very nice image.

Thanks for posting.

TJ

I got several hours of this target a couple of years ago with a similar image scale. I found that even with the long exposure I was struggling to get the dark nebulosity looking noise free. I tried smoothing it which looked llike an image which had been smoothed and I tried dropping the black point which lost the dark nebulosity. I went back to it the following year and re-edited using a lighter touch with the stretch. This preserved the dark nebulosity but lost most of the noise. Here's a link to the thread http://stargazerslounge.com/imaging-deep-sky/69088-iris-re-edit.html?highlight=iris

You've certainly got the guiding sorted. The 16ic and the ED80 are a great combination as your excellent picture demonstrates. Great work Rob.

Archived