Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello to all

Digz

Hiya All,

Just a quick hello. I have been pointed this way by a member of Adur Astronomical Society.

I have recently purchased an HEQ5 to use with my existing scope. Im having fun checking it all and waiting for a clear night however I feel there may be a problem with the motors. They slew ok but do not seem to track when left alone.

Anyway, hope to see you all around.

Regards

Digz

:) Hi and welcome to SGL, Digz. TBH i don't know too much about equipment, but my GEM has 'flippers' that lock the RA and Dec. If the HEQ5 has them, try tightening them and see if the mount tracks properly. You said it slews ok though, maybe you already had them tightened? If so, i'm clueless (as usual, lol).

Hi Digz,

Welcome to SGL. I don't know if this helps but I have an EQ6 Syntrek and before I hooked it up to EQMOD I used the handset for controlling it. When the mount was being slewed around quite quickly it had to be out of tracking mode. It might be that you haven't put it back into tracking mode, just a thought:)

Hi Guys, thankyou for the warm welcome. Well I left the scope on all night to see if it tracked and nothing happened. I think I will return the mount and shell out the extra for the HEQ5 Syntrek mount. Considering the HEQ5 is being discontinued this might be a wise move.

Ill keep you all posted on what happens.

Cheers Digz

• 2 weeks later...

Archived