Corrupt Data..... Again!!

Mr Green

Thanks everyone for the ideas as to what to do, I think I need to make peace with the fact that my first project with new scope is junk.

I'll do some practice sessions indoors using the Airs memory and see if that fixes the issue.

Powering the dew heaters will be a challenge as I do not have a dew heater controller, nor do I have a power source with a cigarette lighter input.

Could you open the "corrupt" .fits file in Notepad, and copy+paste a fit's header into it?

It might take a while to open such a large file and I've not tried it myself, but if that's all the software is looking for, it's just a thought for one way to possibly salvage it.

2 minutes ago, Mr Green said:

Powering the dew heaters will be a challenge as I do not have a dew heater controller, nor do I have a power source with a cigarette lighter input.

Depending on your humidity you may get away without for now. I usually only have to run them between October to Feb. But it depends on locale.

You don't need controllers (though they do save on power), I just run my usb ones off their own usb power banks. Not all are built equal though. My latest Fantaseals from Amazon are excellent and don't draw too much power compared to earlier ones I bought.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, WolfieGlos said:

Could you open the "corrupt" .fits file in Notepad, and copy+paste a fit's header into it?

It might take a while to open such a large file and I've not tried it myself, but if that's all the software is looking for, it's just a thought for one way to possibly salvage it.

I've opened one of the files in notepad and it's just the same letter 'y' repeated 50k times.

I have no idea what I would need to amend this to and if that's even possible?

15 minutes ago, Mr Green said:

I've opened one of the files in notepad and it's just the same letter 'y' repeated 50k times.

I have no idea what I would need to amend this to and if that's even possible?

Dont bother - it's a blank file. Nothing to cover I'm afraid.