Albireo, M27 & M57

Fraunhoffer

Nice sketches! What did you use to have those brilliant colors in Albireo? It's not always easy to get such pop on black :) 

I really black paper because as you say it keeps a bit of night vision, but also because in the right conditions it can resemble a lot what I see in the eyepiece. For some very diffuse objects that I was putting on paper with pastel on a brush I could even compare how my work was popping with averted vision in the same way as I did in the eyepiece. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, SwiMatt said:

Nice sketches! What did you use to have those brilliant colors in Albireo? It's not always easy to get such pop on black :) 

I really black paper because as you say it keeps a bit of night vision, but also because in the right conditions it can resemble a lot what I see in the eyepiece. For some very diffuse objects that I was putting on paper with pastel on a brush I could even compare how my work was popping with averted vision in the same way as I did in the eyepiece. 

Hi - they are Faber-Castell oil pencils (PolyChromos). I chose them as they come up bright and also i though being a bit water resistant might help.
They are also scuff less than charcoal that I tried before.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2